Mission and vision
Our Vision: To become a globally acknowledged gateway to scholarly information, renown for breaking knowledge boundaries.
Our Mission: To provide a dynamic learning environment and quality, user-centred information services that enhance teaching, research and scholarship while inculcating life-long learning skills and fostering human development.
- Selecting and acquiring up-to-date information resources in all formats that are relevant to the Information needs of the University.
- Organising the collection using internationally accepted standards to allow for easy retrieval.
- Adopting information dissemination strategies- current awareness services and selective dissemination of information to ensure optimum utilization of available resources.
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a wide range of services that will support the academic programmes of the university and encourage optimum exploitation of the resources of the library.
- Building the information literacy skills of our users continuously by conducting proper user education through a variety of methods in order to provide guidance to the Library’s collection.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining well qualified, experienced and dedicated professional Library staff who will offer high quality services to Library users.
- Adopting technologies that will make information resources accessible to the university community in an efficient and effective manner.